So for the past year I have been racing but mostly locally (within an hour from the Tampa Bay Area). I still feel I have more races to do locally like the Gasparilla Distance Classic Half Marathon, the Fort DeSoto Half Marathon series, and more runDisney races, of course. This Top 5 Tuesday list will be a comprehensive list of domestic (United States) races I would LOVE to run one day. I don’t know how many I will actually be able to travel and run, but everyone should dream BIG.
Top 5 Domestic Destination Race Wishlist
1. Asheville Half Marathon in Asheville, NC- This race just looks epic. Anyone that loves history, and the great outdoors I think would love this race. The course is entirely on the private land of the Biltmore Estate which was owned by the Vanderbilt family as a vacation home.
2. Shipyard Old Port Half Marathon in Portland, Maine – This is where I was born and the course goes along all downtown with its waterfront views. Also, the night before there is a Lobster Bake…or Lobstah Bake (depending on the Maine accent) for the runners. I think one just holds a lot of memories going on vacation to Maine with my family after we moved away.
3. Rock n Roll Half Marathon in Raleigh, NC- I definitely want to do a race from the Rock n Roll Marathon series, and my parents just happen to live in Raleigh where there is a race every year. One day, maybe next year I can do this race! It has live local bands playing on stages while you run the course. How unique is that?
4. Anthem Shamrock 1/2 Marathon in Virgina Beach, VA- This just looks like the ultimate St. Patrick’s Day race. At Virgina Beach with an amazing view, and everyone is wearing green!
5. TinkerBell Half Marathon at Disneyland in Anheim, California- Many of you have probably heard about this one. But it’s Tinkerbell and Peter Pan themed!! Also, if I did this race the same year as running one of the Walt Disney World races, I would be eligible to get a Coast to Coast medal.
Feel free to come up with your Top 5 Domestic Destination Race Wishlist! I’d love to see where everyone wants to run 🙂