Happy Tuesday everyone! Today’s Top 5 Tuesday topic is running gear every new runner needs to have. Some of these items I learned along the way how essential they are when you run. I’m not going to put running shoes on the list because I feel that should be a given. Lol. This is all based on my opinion and other runners may have other suggestions!
Gear Every New Runner Needs:
- FlipBelt or Hydration Belt- Runner belts are fantastic for stuffing your keys in, your phone, or your fuel for the run. I prefer the FlipBelt because I notice my keys do not jingle when I run. I know other runners around me may get annoyed with that noise, so I try to be conscious. You can get this at local running stores, or on Amazon.
- Skullcandy Headphones- This is my favorite brand of headphones, and when I first started running I tried at least three other brands of headphones and they never stayed in my ears. Finally a pair that stays put while I’m on the run! You can get this at Target, Walmart, or even TJ Maxx.
- Nuun- It’s electrolyte tablets that you put in your water. This has really helped me in my training to stay hydrated. I used to always get headaches after running and I think it may be due to not hydrating properly. Nuun doesn’t have the amount of calories or sugar that Powerade or Gatorade has. My favorite flavor is strawberry lemonade. You can get this at most local running stores, or on Amazon.
- Balega Socks- By far the best socks for running that I’ve tried. I never get blisters when I wear these socks, and even after a half marathon my feet are pretty dry. You can get this at most local running stores, or on Amazon.
- Sweaty Bands-If you are a woman with long hair this will help you so much during your run. My hair is pretty smooth, and cloth headbands never stay in my hair. They are always flying off my head by mile 2, and it’s a bit frustrating. Sweaty Bands seriously stay in place throughout my whole run. You can get this at most local running stores, or on Amazon.