Hi! I hope everyone’s week has been going well. Over the weekend, I wrote a blog post on ‘October running’, and what this month looked like for me. It made me realize that I would like to do a Top 5 Tuesday to tell you what I’m excited about this Fall running season. With a new city to explore (we recently moved to North Carolina), there is a sense of adventure in everything my fiancé and I do here. This includes anything related to running. New running shops, new running clubs, running routes, races, and more! That being said, there is a lot to look forward to.
Top 5 Tuesday: Top 5 (running related) things I’m looking forward to
1. The weather- Goodbye hot temperatures and hello to 50s-70s temperatures outside. Ideal running weather (to me).
2. Bull City Run Fest 5 miler- This October race is in Durham which is close to where I live. Downtown Durham is planted right on a hill so this will be fun. My first race of the season! I’ve been training for it and I am so excited!
3. Hiking- There are so many wonderful hiking trails in the many national parks the Triangle has. I’ve gone hiking a couple times in the past, but always on vacation far from my home in Florida. Florida had so much wildlife, it deterred me from wanting to go hiking in the woods. I’m very excited to go exploring and hiking with my fiancé in North Carolina.
4. Raleigh City of Oaks Half Marathon- I’m doing this race in November. The course is all through Downtown Raleigh, so I think it will give me an interesting perspective of the city. Through the eyes of a runner. This is a major race for the city of Raleigh; like Gasparilla is to Tampa.
5. Running Club- I have slowly but surely joined a running club near my home. I’ve been to one meet up so far, and I really enjoyed it. Going again this week, so I’ll see how it goes. Wish my luck!