Happy Top 5 Tuesday everyone! I wanted to make this Top 5 Tuesday about all things I don’t do by the book or perfectly with running. We all make mistakes, or repeat bad habits. I’m here to tell beginner runners that they are not alone. All of these mistakes or habits, I do not recommend for other runners I know some of my habits are not good either but I’m working on it.
I’d like to title this segment: Running Confessions. Another blogger, has a runfessions segment to her blog that I just adore. Once I look it up and find out who the blogger is, I will credit them.
Top 5 Tuesday- Running Confessions:
1. After my short runs I do not have a post workout meal. I put Nuun in my water, and call it a day.
2. I rarely match perfectly when I’m training at home. I’ll just put on what I feel like such as Orange, black, and pink clothes. Looks good enough. Lol.
3. You will never see me in colored shorts for a race. Yes maybe the Nike shorts with shorts in it but that is it. I’ve seen plenty of RunDisney photos where it looks like people peed in their pants, but it is just sweat. Not happening to me.
4. Every other run I switch my running shoes. I have two pairs of sneakers. One day I’ll wear the gray pair and the next I’ll wear the blue pair. I feel like I’m evening out the wear of my sneakers this way. I need to be fair to my sneakers. Lol.
5. I always have to have sunglasses. Sunglasses are even more of a necessity than music on my runs. I feel if I forget my sunglasses, my run is 10 times more of an effort. If it is a cloudy day in North Carolina, instead of sunglasses I’ll bring a hat. No matter what I’m always prepared for the sun.
What are your weird habits when you run?