So I’ve been listening a lot of different podcast, and reading many people’s running blogs out there. I’ve kind of realized I love the blogs and the podcasts that let us get to know the writer or the speaker just a little bit better. Yes, I have my ‘About’ blurb on my blog but I wanted to share some of these interesting questions I found on the Washington Post, and I’ll answer them. I would love if you posted them on your blog as well so we can get to know each other a little better.
1. Number of Half marathons you have run: 3 so far
2. Where was your first half marathon?
Walt Disney World (2016)
3. Favorite half Marathon course: Star Wars: Dark Side…it goes through the Disney boardwalk, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios..etc.
4. Most memorable race:
Gasparilla Distance Classic 15k. I heard of this race weekend since I was 10 years old when my family first moved to Tampa, Florida. I had no idea what a big race it was up until last year. I had decided to do one of the Challenges- the first race being the 15k. The run felt great the whole time, which was all across Bayshore Blvd. When I crossed the finish line, the Olympian, Meb, was there. But no one was recognizing him! He had the weekend before ran the Olympic Trails in LA. So I came up to him and ask if I could take a photo with him. I also congratulated him for making the USA Olympic team.
Half Marathon- 2:09
6. Ever run in a costume?
Yes, multiple times.
Walt Disney World Half (2016)- Elsa
Gasparilla Distance Classic 15k- Pirate
Star Wars Half (Dark Side)- loosely Darth Vader….I had all black on and a cape
7. The only running shoes for me:
I use to run in Nike back in the day. Now I run in Brooks Running shoes. I’m tempted to try the New Balance Free Foam or Vazee in the Spring when I have to purchase new shoes.
8. Ever injured? No, the worst I’ve had is shin splints, lost toe nails, and blisters.
9. Hot or cold weather runner? After living, and running in Florida for so long, I can honestly say I don’t miss the warm weather. I must rather be running in cooler weather. It makes the run way more enjoyable.
10. Morning or evening runs?
Morning. I like to hit the road as the sun is rising. I tried running last night in the dark around 7pm. Definitely not enough street lights around. I could not see the road well for potholes and divots. Cars could see me though- I had a reflective vest on.
11. What is your motivation? To ease my daily anxiety and prevent anxiety attacks
12. Ever DNF?
13. Race I’d like to forget:
Gasparilla 8k. The race started at 9:30am and it was like 85-90 degrees outside. I also had chafing from the race the day before. Biggest of all as I was crossing the finish line I vomited multiple times near the cheering crowd. Not my finest moment,
14. Favorite post race nosh: Bagel with cream cheese with Dunkin Donuts hazelnut iced coffee
15. Running Fuel?
GU chocolate or salted caramel. Cliff bar energy gels- raspberry razz
16. Flat course or hills:
17. Back, Middle, or Front of the pack?
Middle is usually where I am
18. Run alone or with a partner:
Usually alone nowadays. I have gone to. Local group run though and it was okay. In Tampa, I use to run with a friend.
19. Ever win your age group? Nope
20. Favorite gear:
Flipbelt to store everything
21. Best part of running: Feeling confident, and strong
22. If I didn’t run I_______________. Would be lost
23. I can’t run without_________________. socks and sunglasses
23. Ever lose a toenail? Several.
24. Gatorade or Nuun? Nuun-Pink lemonade
25. Favorite gel flavor?
Cliff bar energy shots- Raspberry Razz
26. How many days after a half marathon do you usually start running again? Usually around 2-3 days. It really depends on if I’m limping after a race or not.
27. I run, therefore _____________
I can have a small dessert or something sweet to eat
28. Pre-race routines? (night before or morning of)
I eat dinner early, lay out my clothes, and pack a bag with my gear the night before.
29. What is your typical night before the big race meal? Pasta or pizza
30. Would you run a marathon?
The plan is the run one in 2018. Preferably the Disney marathon
31. What’s the farthest you’ve ever run at one time? 13.1 without walk breaks….for training I have to do 14 this weekend. Yikes!
Once again, Feel free to take these questions for your own blog!