Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday filled with friends and family!
Back in late spring 2016 I wrote a post of my tentative race season 2017 schedule. However, this was all before my move to Raleigh. Everything on that list before was in Florida. Basically I’m starting from scratch but that is the beauty of planning all the racing fun.
This race season, I will be running at least 5 races. This list compiles all the races I am definitely going to run (signed up for; or about to sign up in the next or so month). This list in no particular order, by the way.
1. Walt Disney World Half Marathon in Orlando, FL. This race takes place in January 2017, and it is the 20th anniversary of this race. I will be dressing as Daisy Duck! My good friend, Jen will be joining me and dressing up as Donald Duck. I’m going to do a whole post on how we made our costumes (not done yet). The half marathon medals have already been released so I will show you here. Personally, I was hoping for Donald Duck to be a bit bigger but it is, what it is.
2. Gasparilla Half Marathon in Tampa, FL. This race is in February 2017. I get to run with Jen for this race as well! My fiancé and I are going to Tampa that weekend for a wedding, so I’m so happy I get to squeeze this race in there.
3. Rock’n’Roll Raleigh Half Marathon- This is in April 2017. I recently signed up for this one. They had a one day special for $50 to register. Usually the race is around $100 to sign up. Last year, I volunteered with my mom and sister for this race so I’m really excited to be running it this year!
4. Krispy Kreme Challenge 5 miles in Raleigh, NC- I’ll be doing this race with my sister in February 2017. This races runs all around NCState and it’s donut themed. We will run 2.5 miles, get to the Krispy Kreme store, then 2.5 miles back.
5. Tar Heel Ten Miler in Chapel Hill, NC- I’ve never been to Chapel Hill before and it would be a nice way to see the UNC campus.