Top 5 Tuesday: 2017 Runolutions
I hope everyone had a happy and safe New Year’s Eve! After much contemplation, I finally narrowed down 5 resolutions or runolutions. 2016 was a year of discovery; 2017 will be a year of perseverance.
1. Gain more followers and blog more- I started this blog in March 2016, and have 149 followers currently. That is really exciting to me! Next year, I would like to increase the blog’s following by at least 40%.
2. Log in 800 miles next year. I ran around 580 miles in 2016, and I would like to amp that up a bit. That is 933 km. I ran three times a week; 2 of those runs were only 3 miles and then I had a long run day over the weekend. I think it will be fairly easy to reach 800 miles next year because I’ll be training for the Walt Disney World marathon (January 2018) and increasing my mileage.
3. Run 5 half marathons in 2017. So far I’m registered for the WDW Half, the Gasparilla Distance Classic Half, and the Rock n Roll Raleigh Half. So I have two more half marathons to sign up for!
4. I want to PR in a half marathon and a 5K. My PR for the half marathon distance is a 2:09 at the City of Oaks Half Marathon in Raleigh. My 5K PR is so far 30:24 and that was at the Bolt Run in Tampa, with my fiancé back in March 2016. I need to run another 5K! That was awhile ago!
5. Find a consistent running group- I am probably signing up for a training program with Fleet Feet this month, so that will be taken care of. I’m just trying to meet new people and improve my training before I commit to a marathon.
2017 is going to be challenging and exciting all at the same time.
What are some of your runolutions?