Happy Top 5 Tuesday! Now that I’ve finally run my first marathon, I am hooked! That means, I get to start this about possible marathons I can do near Raleigh. When researching marathons in North Carolina or other states near, I closely looked at cut off times, and popularity of the race. After listening to the podcast, Not Real Runners, talk about marathons for slower runners, I realized why it is important to look at these factors. I don’t think I am a very slow runner, but I do feel I am inexperienced. In 2018, I’d like to register for 2 marathons, if you were wondering what I was planning.
1. Tobacco Road Marathon- Cary, NC
2. Marine Corp Marathon- Washington D.C.
3. Asheville Marathon- Asheville, NC
4. Walt Disney World Marathon- Orlando, FL (I had to include this again, because I already registered for it in 2018)
5. Shamrock Marathon- Virginia Beach, VA
What is your favorite marathon in the south?